Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual power BTU/hr need

Justin User01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I'm trying to get some information as the design engineer for a customer who wants to put in 14 switches that will have dual power and will need to upgrade their cooling system. They are looking at the C9200L-48P-4X switches and want to use a primary power with optional secondary power.

I was able to find the power supply of this unit but I can't determine if I need to double the total output in btu/hr if I have 2 power supplies.  I found this uses a primary power supply of PWR-C5-1KWAC and the same for the secondary power supply which shows a heat output of 3,412 btu/hr.

My question is this, does this mean I need to provide this cooling for each power supply hit or is this the total cooling needed? In other words 2x power supply at 1K = 2x3,412 = 6,824 btu/hr cooling per switch or is the 3,412 btu/hr the total needed?

Also, I see there is an available PoE power with secondary power of 1,440W and I'm wondering if I can take that as heat loss and convert it to btu/hr and use that value or not? 3.413x1,440 = 4,915 btu/hr.

Thanks for any help, I'm trying not to undersize the unit and don't want to oversize it because I either have 14 units at 3,412 btu/hr for a total of 47,768 btu/hr or I have 14 units at 6,824 btu/hr for a total of 89,926 btu/hr which seems too high to me.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame