cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LAG created in SG300 has one port as Standby Member

Terabyte
Level 1
Level 1

For a customer with a SG300-10P, latest firmware, they got a new desktop that has dual NICs.  They already have 2 LAGs going to their NAS drives so I just created a 3rd with the same settings, but no matter what I seem to do one port is active while the other is in Standby Member state.  The desktop has a Broadcom NetXtreme 5720 Dual Port Gigabit PCIe Adapter in it, using the latest drivers. If LACP is enabled when the LAG is created one port is always in Standby Member state.  I don't have this issue with their NAS drives so wondering if anyone knows of a compatibility issue between the SG300 and the NetXtreme?  It'd be a good excuse to get them to upgrade to a CBS switch rather than this old one.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check logs on the SG when this particular LAG is getting formed

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Desktop what Operating system, is this port-channel show (P) or (I) ?

can you post the output of port-channel (I believe this is config issue on desktop side high level)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help