Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Power saving technology in CBS110-8T-D switch

Hi, I bought the CBS110-8T-D switch and in the box it says "Includes power saving technologies". What does that mean exactly? I want to use this switch for Dante protocol (which is music data transport between devices) and the manufacturer of Dante recommends not to use any king of saving power o green energy systems as they will not be as effective as it needs to be.

If it has any kind of power saving feature as default, is there any way it can be turned off??

Appreciate your help! 

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks like these models are auto power efficient. "these switches are designed to suit any small business with basic network needs and are optimized for power efficiency"

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks!! The funny thing is that where I bought it (amazon) didn't say it had power saving technology.

when we buy from 3rd party we always need to check the vendor website for the model and specification, all vendors not going to put all the information, especially eBay or amazon (online sales think that users are aware of the product) - they come to these sites for better prices. ( as per my views)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/business-110-series-unmanaged-switches/datasheet-c78-744158.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help