cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recommendation for a small business core switch

benfromsdale
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if anyone could please point me in the direction of the best managed switch for a core of a small video editing intensive business. I am looking to stay under $10,000.00 and want at least 12 ports all multi-mode fiber at 10g+ between 1 and 4U in size. capable of port aggregation. I tried using the tool on the website but it seems to either point me to something that does not do fiber or is a $30,000.00 switch like a 9500. There has to be something in the middle that can do this right?

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cat 9300 good candidate for you, with the same cost : ( there is some offer look out  cisco giving  AP free)

C9300X-12Y

12 25G/10G/1G SFP28

Modular Uplinks

715W AC

C9300X-24Y

24 25G/10G/1G SFP28

Modular Uplinks

715W AC

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

@balaji.bandi wrote:

( there is some offer look out  cisco giving  AP free)

That promo expired on 31 January 2022 and the Wired-Plus-Wireless promotion only applies to 9300, 24- or 48-port mGIG switches.  

EDIT: 

I am wrong.  I have just been told that the Wired-Plus-Wireless promotion has been extended (30 July 2022).  The Wired-Plus-Wireless promotion has been "rolled" (or joined) with the Free SSD for Cisco ThousandEyes Hosting promotions.

Save even more: This offer can be combined with the  Wired-Plus-Wireless promotion. Get free Wi-Fi 6 access points when you purchase qualifying Cisco Catalyst 9000 multigigabit switches.

Thanks for those suggestions! They do look like they could do exactly what I need, however price wise would be hard to fit into the current tech refresh. I will try to see if I can get additional funds allocated, however is there a less expensive option that is similar even if not quite as good?

Thanks.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In addition to what @balaji.bandi has recommended, DO NOT buy any Maintenance Contract (RMA and IOS-XE download).   Read the following:  

Wow, that is really great info. Thank you for letting me know about that.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/small-business/selector-tool.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Would a CBS350-24XS be able to do the things I need? Also, how would it be different from the C9300X-24Y?

Thanks.