cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG 300-10

david.chaine
Level 1
Level 1

I have a switch SG300-10. I configure 2 VLAN ==> VLAN10 and VLAN20.  I want use port G09 only with VLAN10 (PLC network) and port G10 only with VLAN20 (Input cable to Internet access).  What's the best setting for port G01 if I want use VLAN10 and VLAN20.

8 Replies 8

Michael Vandergrift
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello David,

It's a little difficult to answer your question completely without some more information.  Is the switch in layer 2 or layer 3?  What are the default gateways for each VLAN?  What type of device will you be connecting to port G01?  It could be as simple as setting port G01 to 10UP 20T (VLAN 10 untagged, VLAN 20 tagged) as a trunk port.  Or, you might need to set up SVIs (IP addresses for each VLAN) on the switch for intervlan routing.  

Regards,

Mike.V

I want use this switch in layer 3. The default gateway is 192.168.1.0 for VLAN10 and 192.168.2.0 for VLAN20. In the port G01 is my PC. Can you explane me what's the difference between untagged and tagged.  Why you use untagged for PLC network and tagged for internet access?

Hi David,

In short, tags are for switches and phones.  They are used to send multiple VLANs across a single link between network devices.  Any time you are connecting a host such as a PC or a server to a switchport you will want to have the VLAN to which you intend to connect.  untagged on that port.   The reason for this is that most NICs can't understand tagged frames and will simply drop them.  Now that I understand your goal better I believe you should set port G01 to either VLAN 10 or 20 untagged.  Even VLAN 1 untagged would work if you have the gateway set up correctly.  You will need to set the switch into layer 3 mode and create IP interfaces for each VLAN on the switch.  These IP addresses will be what you use for the Default Gateway assigned to the network adapter on each host.  

Regards,

Mike.V

Hi Mike,

is it normal when I try to add the configuration in the IPv4 Interface Table my switch crash.  If I try to configure the IP Address of my Vlan on DHCP I don't have any problem.  Do you have a example of configuration?

TY

For which VLAN are you trying to add an IPv4 interface?  Remember to click on Add.  Then select the VLAN from the dropdown box.  Then select Static IP Address for IP Address Type.  Also, what address are you trying to use?  What is the IP address for VLAN 1?  If you need direct help configuring this switch you can call our support center at 866-606-1866.

Mike.V

Hi Mike call your support center is a good idea but do you have a french support?

David,

We have a translator service available.  

Mike.V

Hi Mike,

I want try a last configuration before call the tech support.  I put G10 on Vlan10 (192.168.10.0 for PLC access) and G09 on Vlan100 (192.168.100.0 for internet access via my server switch).  I configure G10 trunk - Vlan10 (untagged type) and G09 trunk - Vlan100 (tagged type).  What's the good configuration for port G01 to G02 if I use this ports to plug PC.  My PC have 2 different IP Address on the same Ethernet card (primary = IP 192.168.100.201, Subnet 255.255.255.0 and no gateway)(secondary = IP 192.168.10.201, Subnet 255.255.255.0, Gateway 192.168.10.215)

TY for you help