Views
Helpful
Replies

SG350-28 Connecting to the ISP

Mark_J
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I am way outside my wheelhouse with this switch but due to some circumstances have been asked to make this device work, at least temporarily

So we have a fiber line coming into the building that is not DHCP. I need to connect this SG350 to that Mikrotik device and get internet access to all the ports of this SG350. I have three IPs, the Mask and Gateway from the ISP to work with and have enabled DHCP server on this switch. There are no real security concerns about the content that would be running through this switch, just a lot of unimportant encrypted video files getting stored in the cloud.

My goal is simply to get this working until our Network guru can return to work and tweak this properly. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

SG350 is just switch act as Layer 2

connect as below :

Microtik Router----SG350---You device ( manually 1 of the in 3 IP address  allocate IP you have and gateway information) it should work as expected with any configuration on SG350.

advise if i understand wrong here ? if this is correct connect and test and advise.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Mark_J
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for such a quick reply!

To clarify I dont have admin access to the Mikrotik device, thats managed by the ISP. If I connect my Laptop to that device with the IP/Mask/Gateway everything works. So exactly where in the SG350 console am I setting the IP/Mask/Gateway?

Thank you again!

where ever you connected Laptop that port Plug to Switch port example port 1 on switch - connect your PC to Switch port 2 -

you no need to change anything, this should work - how it was working when you connect Microtik directly.

BB

Mark_J
Level 1
Level 1

I understand what you're saying and that did work.

The problem is that that I cant edit the network adpaters on all the devices that need to connect to the switch like I did with my laptop, they need to use DHCP and have an IP assigned when they connect.

I hope I explained that correctly...

In that case you need to do NAT - I am afraid that SG350 does not do any NAT (as per i know) this is just switch.

You can enable DHCP it will give you IP address - since ISP router you do not have any control, you need other device need to do NAT for the Internal IP address with ISP IP address

Until you Geek come back and setup, use 3 IP address and make it work.

BB