Replies

SG350 - Associating DHCP with VLANs

pd4294
Level 1
Level 1

I have an SG350-28P I am trying to configure as follows:

VLAN 1 - Default

VLAN 100 - Customers

and use the capability of the unit to provide DHCP for the VLAN 100.

I've been able to configure the DHCP, but how do I associate the DHCP pool to the VLAN 100?

I'm comfortable with CLI.

My head is getting sore from all of the pounding on the wall.

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The  question is a bit wrong and should be ; how can I make systems on vlan 100  get their addresses from the DHCP server. Usually this is achieved by configuring an 'ip helper' for the designated vlan pointing to the DHCP server.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Where is the DHCP Server, is this configured in SG350 or outside. ( you need to configure DHCP relay of external)

Look  at the configuration guide on CLI:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/350_/cli_guide/CLI_Tesla_Sx350_2_2_5.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you Gents.

Maybe I should have been a little more clear. I want use the DHCP server functionality on the SG350 for my VLAN. This way, I will be able to isolate the VLAN of the customer from the public area.

I will go digging through the PDF posted and see what I can learn. Any pointers will be appreciated.