cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG350X GUI issues: latency. logout

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

All of a sudden I'm having trouble logging into my SG350X running firmware 2.5.9.13.  This has happened before and usually it was a high CPU usage issue and a reboot would fix it but not this time.

I see some other posts on this and even though they are pretty old it seems like the issue is still there?  I have tried reboot, using http (vs https), disabling password aging, different browsers.   Nothing works.  I can SSH to the switch so I created new admin user and checked CPU (which is I think normal at 24%??) but no luck yet.  Should I bother upgrading to 2.5.9.15 or should I just get used to managing via SSH?  Maybe a downgrade?

TIA,

Diego

9 Replies 9

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks some common issues we see other users too in the community, contact SMB TAC :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

wiil do.  thx

Hello BB,

I called SMB TAC @ 1.866.606.1866 and they told me I needed to purchase a support contract and forwarded me to some type of pre-sales team.  At the pre-sales (quite baffling) they had no idea what I needed to purchase.  They told me all they could do was to give me info on subscriptions and hardware.  The suggested I call the standard TAC number 800.553.2447.  I haven't called yet but I suspect they will direct me to SMB TAC again.

Do you know of a better way to purchase/access tech support for this switch?

TIA,

Diego

BB,

I have found some info that might be helpful but is confusing at the same time.  There is a bug fix in v2.5.9.15 that sounds promising.  CSCvw45959 seems similar my issue. The bug does not mention SG350XG, only SG550XG.  It also says a reboot will fix and that the CLI is also affected. Neither of which are the case with me but close enough, I guess.  I would be willing to try this version (I am currently on v2.5.9.13) but there is conflicting info as to whether this image is compatible for my version.  See the two attached images and let me know what you think.

i'm running v2.5.9.15 on an SG350X. the same image is compatible for all SG350, SG350X(G), and SG550X(G) models.

direct link to the 350X family-specific model chooser here.

Yes, I am currently running v2.5.9.13 but just because it works doesn't necessarily mean it is fully compatible. I am having issues with my current switch and because of this doc (see first page) I am thinking of downgrading.

for security patches/improvements, i would upgrade to 2.5.9.15 to see if it resolves the issues you're encountering. the text referenced from the 2.5.8.12 RN is obviously relevant, but upgrades aren't blocked on your model until v2.6.x.x (as you're already aware running 2.5.9.13).

if that fails, you'll have tried most recent firmware and can then more confidently downgrade to latest supported/stable version.

It's a pain in the butt to reboot this switch due to the type of load it runs but you're right.  I can try upgrading first and then downgrading later if no change.  I'll post back with results in a few days.  Thank you

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

I upgraded to latest image 2.5.9.15 and no change.  Then I downgraded to 2.5.8.15 and no change.  I poked around the flash file system to see if anything weird turned up but nothing looks out of place.  Still getting stuck at "processing data" at around 50-60%.  I guess last resort is a factory reset?