Not supported option

Available in the GUI somewhere?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

I believe this is the command you are looking for, but it is not clear if it supports a list of servers.  Do you need a list of tftp servers or will one suffice?

13.16 next-server To configure the next server (siaddr) in the boot process of a DHCP client, use the next-server command in DHCP Pool Network Configuration mode or in DHCP Pool Host Configuration mode. To remove the next server, use the no form of this command. Syntax next-server ip-address no next-server Parameters • ip-address—Specifies the IP address of the next server in the boot process. Default Configuration If the next-server command is not used to configure a boot server list, the DHCP server uses inbound interface helper addresses as boot servers. Command Mode DHCP Pool Network Configuration mode DHCP Pool Host Configuration mode User Guidelines The client will connect, using the SCP/TFTP protocol, to this server in order to download the configuration file. Example The following example specifies 10.12.1.99 as the IP address of the next server: switchxxxxxx(config-dhcp)# next-server 10.12.1.99

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

What version firmware and are you in L3 mode?  I think option 150, 66 and some others have special commands.  Try ? to see them.

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

I believe this is the command you are looking for, but it is not clear if it supports a list of servers.  Do you need a list of tftp servers or will one suffice?

13.16 next-server To configure the next server (siaddr) in the boot process of a DHCP client, use the next-server command in DHCP Pool Network Configuration mode or in DHCP Pool Host Configuration mode. To remove the next server, use the no form of this command. Syntax next-server ip-address no next-server Parameters • ip-address—Specifies the IP address of the next server in the boot process. Default Configuration If the next-server command is not used to configure a boot server list, the DHCP server uses inbound interface helper addresses as boot servers. Command Mode DHCP Pool Network Configuration mode DHCP Pool Host Configuration mode User Guidelines The client will connect, using the SCP/TFTP protocol, to this server in order to download the configuration file. Example The following example specifies 10.12.1.99 as the IP address of the next server: switchxxxxxx(config-dhcp)# next-server 10.12.1.99

emetesh
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Brandon,

I believe that works.  I had tried that statement earlier, then realized a little later I had routing issues.

Thanks again