Views
Helpful
Replies

10GB SFP+ port compatibility

GabsC2
Level 1
Level 1

Good day,

I'm seeing the SBS350 24P + 4 x 10GB SFP+ port and I don't see anywhere if I can connect a 1GB SFP to the 10 GB SFP and it will work. I read some online information and it says it should but I don't know if I can find some documentation that can confirm that it will work or if someone has tested it before. If someone could clarify my that the 1GB SFP will work on the 10GB SFP+ port of the SBS350 24P + 4 x 10GB SFP I'll appreciate it.

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @GabsC2,

CBS350-24P-4X support only 10G interfaces with SFP+

CBS350-24P-4X

CBS350-24P-4X-xx

●  24 10/100/1000 PoE+ ports with 195W power budget
●  4 10 Gigabit SFP+

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/business-350-series-managed-switches/datasheet-c78-744156.html

The datasheet for this model states that it supports 4x10G. You should confirm this with the vendor or your Cisco sales rep, 'cause sometimes the datasheet may not provide the correct informations.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Thank you for your answer M02@rt37 ,

I saw the datasheet and it says only 10GB SFP+, normally when it admits 1 and/or 10 it says 1/10, that's why I have the question of compatibility.

@GabsC2 normally SFP+ using 10G transceivers. if you want 1G speed, you can connect 1G transceiver.

https://tmgmatrix.cisco.com/?npf=946

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

As you said @GabsC2, only 10G SFP+.

Best regards

GabsC2
Level 1
Level 1

I just talked to the Cisco Sales Manager and they confirmed that I con connect a 1GB SFP into the 10GB SFP, they're compatible. Thank you all for your answers and support.

You're welcome.

Thanks for that feedback @GabsC2.

Best regards
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card