Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2960S stack module

Hello,

I need to know if the 2960S stack module(C2960S-STACK) is included when you buy a c2960S-stack or you have to buy it, if you have to make a stack,

Thank you really much.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

alexander76
Level 1
Level 1

Hi  Antonello,

the stacking module is an option for the 2960S Series.

If you want the:

C2960S-STACK

Optional  FlexStack hot-swappable stacking module, a.5m stack cable is included  with the module. Optional 1m and 3m cables are also available.

you have to:

1. Order it as an spare part (C2960S-STACK=)

or

2. integrate the stacking module in your configuration (ICT = Integrated Configuration Tool).

0,5 Meter cable is as mentioned above included.

Hope this helps.

Greetings from Germany!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

alexander76
Level 1
Level 1

Hi  Antonello,

the stacking module is an option for the 2960S Series.

If you want the:

C2960S-STACK

Optional  FlexStack hot-swappable stacking module, a.5m stack cable is included  with the module. Optional 1m and 3m cables are also available.

you have to:

1. Order it as an spare part (C2960S-STACK=)

or

2. integrate the stacking module in your configuration (ICT = Integrated Configuration Tool).

0,5 Meter cable is as mentioned above included.

Hope this helps.

Greetings from Germany!

Hi mate,

Thanks a lot for your aswer.

Can you tell more info about ICT tool? We use cisco Dynamic Configuration Tool, is the same tool, or is a different one?

Vielen Dank, Grüße Antonello

Hello again,

the ICT is the newer tool. Cisco recommends to use this tool as ist more efficient and more up to date as the Dynamic Configuration Tool.

The URL is: http://www.cisco.com/commarch/ict  --> Only IE - you need Java installed for IE!

Just use your CCO Account and bind your GPL to the tool (Config details).

You can save your configs as .xml file or convert them to excel.

When you configure -for example- the WS-C2960S-24TS-L:

- you can choose the Stackmodule as an optional part (LP=1500$) and choose the appropriate stacking cable

You don´t have to purchase the stackingmodule - it is optional - if your customer don´t want to stack the switches.

Dont forget to configure a console cable too - if you need one. The console cable cost 30$!!! This is new - this is green it

After you have finished the config, you have to check the config and add it to your config set.

Thats it.

Hope this helps.

Greetings from Germany,

Alexander

Thank you buddy,

you have just give me a great info! The ICT seems really cool, the problem is I cannot use it.

Actually I can load the tool the problem is when I click on config details, a pop-up tell me that "Config Set Header is null". Other wired thing is that result a "not connected" sentence just on cisco logo.

Any idea ? Could be my CCO account or a platform(win7 IE8) problem ?

Thank you.

Antonello.

Howdy,

its kind of tricky with the ICT.

We use WinVista: you have to start the IE as an administrator - then it shoud work.

I don´t think its an account problem - since you use the same credentials as for the dynamic configurator.

So - you should have full administratively rights on you IE - then the ICT should word.

Greetings from Germany,

Alexander

Hello Alex,

I followed your instructions and I try it on windows XP with jre1-6_23, but I am not able to use ICT. Any other idea, with version of java do you use ? I see I have a null point exception on java console, could be a java version issue.

Anyway still I suspect my account is authorized to use this tool, because in the documentation images I see in the tool "logged as XXXX", but in my case the I jsut see "not connected". Do you have  a normal CCO account or you have access to other tools ?(Feel free to don't answer me to this question, if you want).

Anyway I would like to thank you for all the help you gave.

Greetings Antonello.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card