cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3560x won't do ip routing?

cinmachina
Level 1
Level 1

I've been trying to get this WS-C3560-24P-L switch I have to enable IP routing. So far I've been unsuccessful.

I've tried the IP base IOS and the Universal IOS. I do not see any other type of IOS to download on there website.

Am I missing something?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hobbe
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

Yes the the 3560X is a licence based model.

ie there are three licenses.

Lan-base

Ip-base

Ip-services

WS-C3560-24P-L = Lanbase (the L in the end) this is a L2 device.

This means amongst other things that it can not do ip routing due to the licensing.

If you want to do routing with the Lanbase then you need to upgrade it with a new license to minimum IP-base.

If you need to get it going right now I believe there is a test licens you can activate that will give you 8weeks and 4 days of ip-base.

but after that in the next reload it will become a Lan base again so it is just a short term fix for an immediate problem.

Good luck

HTH

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

hobbe
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

Yes the the 3560X is a licence based model.

ie there are three licenses.

Lan-base

Ip-base

Ip-services

WS-C3560-24P-L = Lanbase (the L in the end) this is a L2 device.

This means amongst other things that it can not do ip routing due to the licensing.

If you want to do routing with the Lanbase then you need to upgrade it with a new license to minimum IP-base.

If you need to get it going right now I believe there is a test licens you can activate that will give you 8weeks and 4 days of ip-base.

but after that in the next reload it will become a Lan base again so it is just a short term fix for an immediate problem.

Good luck

HTH

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card