Views
Helpful
Replies

3750G and 3750X in one stack

Denis Reshetov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I've got a stack from two WS-C3750G-48TS-S and one WS-C3750G-12S-S.

All switches have IOS c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-55.SE.bin

Now we have bought

WS-C3750X-12S-E (c3750e-universalk9-mz.122-58.SE2 ipservices)

WS-C3750X-48T-S (c3750e-universalk9-mz.122-55.SE5 ipbase)

I connected them to stack, but stack don't add them.

sh switch

Switch/Stack Mac Address : 0017.e0c3.3e80

H/W   Current

Switch#  Role   Mac Address     Priority Version  State

----------------------------------------------------------

*1       Master 0017.e0c3.3e80     15     0       Ready              

2       Member 0017.e0bb.de00     13     0       Ready              

3       Member 0018.1936.7280     1      0       Ready              

4       Member acf2.c533.e380     1      2       Version Mismatch   

5       Member e4d3.f15a.a900     1      2       Version Mismatch   

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

so, as I understand I need install the same IOS on all switches, so I have to buy IP Services license for switch which now is IP Base

Send an email to licenses@cisco.com.  Include the S/N of all your appliances you need to upgrade to IP Services and ask them to generate a 30-day trial license.

This way, you can get your stack running while you go about organizing the purchase of the real license.

View solution in original post

Hello,

test firstly if the c3750X with ipservices license can be included in the stack with the right IOS version.

Regards.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The IOS are different.

Your stack should have the same IOS and feature set.

Downgrade the IOS to 12.2(55)SE7 and use IP Base Feautre set.

IP Base is not acceptable cause we need OSPF and vrf

And one of new switch has IOS c3750e-universalk9-mz.122-55.SE5 (ipservices) but it doesn't connect to stack

IP Base is not acceptable cause we need OSPF and vrf

If you want OSPFv1, then IP Base is acceptable.  If you want OSPFv2 or v3, then you need IP Service Feature Set.

3750X will never support VRF, only VRF-lite. 

And one of new switch has IOS c3750e-universalk9-mz.122-55.SE5 (ipservices) but it doesn't connect to stack

Like I said, your entire stack must have the same IOS versions and the same Feature Set.  IF either one is different, the switches will split.

we need vrf-lite - my fault

so, as I understand I need install the same IOS on all switches, so I have to buy IP Services license for switch which now is IP Base

If you want OSPFv2 or OSPFv3, then you need IP Services licenses.

Send an email to licenses@cisco.com and they'll get back to you very quickly.

NOTE:  I don't remember if it's license@cisco.com or licenses@cisco.com.  But email both. 

Send an email to licenses@cisco.com.  Include the S/N of all your appliances you need to upgrade to IP Services and ask them to generate a 30-day trial license.

This way, you can get your stack running while you go about organizing the purchase of the real license.

Hello,

Your IOS version can be identical but you also need ipservices license in your new switches. Can you post show lic output command?.

I think that your current stacked switches are running advanced routing features and your new swiches do not have license to run this

features.

Regards

three 3750G have ipservices IOS, one new 3750X has ipservices license, but another one has IP Base license

So it seems to me I can install the same IOS on three old and new switches, but for fifth I have to buy Ip Services licens

Hello,

test firstly if the c3750X with ipservices license can be included in the stack with the right IOS version.

Regards.

Yes. It's first that I'll try to do. If it'll be OK, than upgrade remaining switsh from ipbase to ipservices

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card