cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750X 10Gb Service Module

Robert Falconer
Level 1
Level 1

I see that the DRAM requirements for the software to run the 10gb service module is 1024mb. When I read the spec sheet, it shows that the installed DRAM is either 256mb or 512mb, depending on the model. 

Can this module run with only 512mb of DRAM or is there a memory upgrade kit that should be installed?

7 Replies 7

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As long as the switch meets the spec from table-9 in this link you should be fine.  You can't add memory to these switches.

I have used 3750x switches with 256Mb DRAM and 10Gig uplink module with no issues.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-3750-x-series-switches/data_sheet_c78-584733.html

HTH

Thanks Reza.

Can you confirm that the 10gb module software is installed using the archive download-sw command?

Hi,

What module (part number) are you trying to install?  Most uplink modules don't require a separate IOS.  You just upgrade the entire box.

HTH

That's also been my experience with upgrades. 

There is a software image on the support site for C3KX-SM-10G, which is why I was curious. I'm actually using the NM so it shouldn't be an issue but I'd never used a separate software for a module in the past.

What you see is correct. That particular module (C3KX-SM-10G) uses its own software but that is not needed for the other modules.

Good Luck

Hi Reza,

Do you installed this service module at last ? What was the trick with it, i have got one and it is complaining something like "Unable to create temp dir "flash:update"

The directory already exists, please make sure another upgrade is not in progress.

If not, either delete or rename this directory and restart the upgrade..."

Can you confirm that the 10gb module software is installed using the archive download-sw command?

What is the IOS of the current stack?  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card