I'm planning to connect 5 campus locations which are close to 350 meters from my 4507R-E core.
My plan is to lay single mode fiber to the core, my questions are.
1. Planning to buy Ws-X4606-X2-E, in this module do i need to buy X2-10Gb modules
to terminate the fibers or is it included.
2. If i have to buy these X2-10Gb modules which one should i use to run over single mode fiber
as i have told my distance will be 300 to 350 meters.
3. at the remote office site im planning to buy 3750-E to connect the X2-10Gb but exactly which X2
model should i buy
4. if iwant to stack a 3750-E and an ordinary 3750, an ordinary stack cable will do the job?
I will rate all the posts.
1) optical modules are seen as distinct parts so you need to order them
here it is the compatibility matrix for 10Ge
X2-10GB-LR is a good candidate
3) the same type
notice the documents provide also the minimum IOS version for each platform
4) this is possible the stack ring will go at 32 Gbps a stack made only of 3750E has a 64 Gbps ring
Hope to help
This is excellent. really appreicta your effort.
1) Modular models only come with the interfaces for those modules, you need to purchase the modules separately at an additional cost.
2)10GBASE-LR will provide 10km
3) If you don't require port-density and PoE 3750E-24TD, if you need PoE 3750E-24PD
If you need port-density w/o PoE 3750E-48TD and w/ PoE 3750E-48PD.
Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: