cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5548 switch profile resync

yatao
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone run into this issue before? Two 5548 switches running switch profile and it got out of sync (probably because one of the switches lost power before it has chance to save configure). Once the switch profile out of sync, you can't make any change to the switch profile any more, verification will fail.

Is there any good way to get the switch profile resync without recreating it?

Thanks,

Yatao

2 Replies 2

jjtanner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Ever found a solution for this problem?

I've run into same problem.

I'manually synced both switch configs but config sync only works from one side.

If i config on one swich it sucseeds and from the other side the commit and the verify fails. Strange isn't it?

Joel Metzger
Level 1
Level 1

Yatao,

I ran into a similar issue with our 5Ks as well.  What we had to do was the following (environment is dual-homed FEXs running 5.2(1)N1(3) code):

1. delete the switch-profile locally on each 5Ks
    1. 5K-1(config-sync)#no switch-profile "profilenamehere" profile-only local
  2. Recreate the switch profiles on both 5Ks and import the running configuration on both 5Ks into the new switch profile on each switch
    1. 5K-1(config-sync-sp)#import running-config
    2. 5K-1(config-sync-sp-import)#show switch-profile "profilenamehere" buffer
    3. 5K-1(config-sync-sp-import)#buffer-delete 1.1 (example - if you remove the main entry, all sub-entry's are gone too)
      1. Make sure to use the buffer delete commands to remove anything you do not want inside of the switch-profile (i.e. L3 interfaces if you are running an L2/L3 5K HSRP set-up, or the class-map & policy-map stuff...sometimes it throws an error stating that it can't be a part of the profile when you try to sync later on).
    4. 5K-1(config-sync-sp-import)#commit (run only once you are okay with what will be pushed from the buffer)
    5. Verify after the commit that the switch-profile running-configurations match on both switches
      1. 5K-1#show running-config switch-profile
      2. Helps to have exam diff, or something like that, to compare the configurations against each other
    6. Finally, once each profile's running configuration is 1-for-1 on each 5K, then enter back in the sync-peers statements under the switch-profile
      1. 5K-1(config-sync-sp)#sync-peers destination "ipaddresshere"

I used the following link to troubleshoot any import issues, etc.:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus5000/sw/troubleshooting/guide/n5K_ts_confg-sync.html#wp1044373

Good commands to troubleshoot with for import issues: 'show switch-profile status', 'show switch-profile session-history'

Hope this helps, and good luck!

- Joel Metzger

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card