cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6880 and VSS

bryanrobh
Level 1
Level 1

I have two 6880's.  They were configured for VSS.  Then I wanted to separate them and make them stand alone.  When I did that the switch A came up fine.  But the switch B did not go back to switch B it stayed switch A and erased the configuration for the interafces.  Is there anyway to get that switch to go back to switch B or do I have to do the config over again? 

1 Reply 1

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I have two 6880's.  They were configured for VSS.  Then I wanted to separate them and make them stand alone.  When I did that the switch A came up fine.  But the switch B did not go back to switch B it stayed switch A and erased the configuration for the interafces.  Is there anyway to get that switch to go back to switch B or do I have to do the config over again? 

Hi Bryan,

I hope you have perfomed the below configiration on step by setp process to make VSS pair to standalone switches.

Switch-1# switch convert mode stand-alone

Note :- When you convert the active chassis to standalone mode, the active chassis removes the provisioning and configuration information related to VSL links and the peer chassis modules, saves the configuration file, and performs a reload.

The standby chassis of the VSS becomes active

and perfom the same command in switch 2 as well

Switch-2# switch convert mode stand-alone

Hope it Helps

-GI

Rate Helpful Posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card