Views
Helpful
Replies

9200-24T - Ports doesn't show in vlan database after assigning

Quintin.Mayo
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

We have a cisco C9200-24T device we discovered when assigning these specific ports GigabitEthernet1/1/1-4 to a vlan they will not show up in the vlan database for some reason. All ports are configured for access mode and other ports were assigned without any issues. I have attached a file with the vlan, port  and interface information for review. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Could depend on connect-status , anyway can they (allow)-traffic according to the assigned vlan ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi,

The vlan is associated to the DMZ, so are you saying a ACL will need to be created to allow traffic for the vlan?

Thanks,

I believe @marce1000 is correct on the connection status. I am pretty sure the interface will not show up in the VLAN database if the status is down/down which is what it looks like from your output for interfaces GigabitEthernet 1/1/1-4. There must be an active connection for it to show "active" in the VLAN database. TO test plug a device into one of those ports to bring it up and see if it adds it to the vlan database as active

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Quintin.Mayo wrote:
Version 16.11.1

I've seen enough just by looking at the first line of the attached file. 

16.11.1 -- There's the culprit right there.  

Hello

If the vlan isnt the the vtp database then:
1-youve tried to create the vlan on the switch itself and that switch vtp is in vtp mode of client
2- youve created the vlan on a differing switch and the related siwtch is in a vtp mode of transparent or differng vtp domain or vtp password(if applicable) doesnt have parity

show vtp status

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card