Views
Helpful
Replies

9300 Cannot Remove Reserved Product Instance After Upgrade

ilhambasuki
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have C9300L-24T-4X with reserved license on CSSM Cloud. When upgraded to IOS 17.03.04, switch automatically using CSLU as transport to CSSM. Everything works as usual.

The problem occurred when I want to move switch registration from cloud to CSSM On-prem. I successfully configured the switch to connect to CSSM On-prem. But, here is the list of problem:

1. I want to transfer license from Cloud to On-prem. But cannot do that, since the license is reserved license. To do this, I need to remove switch from product instance tab, so license will be free to transfer

2. To remove product instance of reserved licensed device, I need return code. But, I cannot retrieve return code since switch is using cslu after ugprade to 17.03.0.4

3. I tried to reconfigure "license smart reservation" to I will able to input command "license smart reservation return local", but it said that: no reservation authorization code installed in device.

Do you guys have any idea how to solve this? I attach screenshot of the switch.

Thanks,

IB 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Contact License team, there is Live chat they can sort for you.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Contact License team, there is Live chat they can sort for you.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

ilhambasuki
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I have open license support and they help me to remove the product instance. But, if I want to know the workaround for further device with same PID, they suggest me to open technical support ticket.

I have same condition with ISR4451. The different is, in ISR4451 we still able to see return code by issuing command "show license reservation". That command didn't show inactive return code on switch C9300. Just a cent if anybody find the same issue.

Regards

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card