Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9300 Management port Could not elect active EMP switch

I currently have 2 x 9300L switches, which are operating in stack 

I have the management port in its management vrf with the interface set to ip address static

I have upgraded the IOS to 17.3.3

IS show me error 

034526: Jan 19 14:43:35.438: %HMANRP-6-EMP_NO_ELECTION_INFO: Could not elect active EMP switch, setting emp active switch to 0: EMP_RELAY: Could not elect switch with mgmt port UP

HQ_Etage_3#show interfaces gigabitEthernet 0/0
GigabitEthernet0/0 is down, line protocol is down

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

See some issue on the OLD Firmware, i have not found same on 17.3.4 with Cat 9300.

Try default the interface and add the config again and check if that works ?

still have issue, raise an TAC case.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

@balaji.bandi  always same error

034558: Jan 19 15:10:50.577: %HMANRP-6-EMP_NO_ELECTION_INFO: Could not elect active EMP switch, setting emp active switch to 0: EMP_RELAY: Could not elect switch with mgmt port UP
034559: Jan 19 15:10:50.583: %HMANRP-6-EMP_NO_ELECTION_INFO: Could not elect active EMP switch, setting emp active switch to 0: EMP_RELAY: Could not elect switch with mgmt port UP

Tech note : I have switch C9300 two switch in stackwise and port Mgmt work fine and the IOS 17.3.3

My issue in the switch C9300L show me the error

So the issue with 9300 L only here right ?

Not sure if this works or not, can you shutdown stack member manangement port (leaving the master switch management port on)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is a bug id that is closely associated with the issue you are having. It is not exactly the same and it comes from an older version but the error message you are getting looks to be the same.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvu78125?rfs=iqvred

I recommend you run the commands in this link a few times to make sure you don't have any memory leak. If you do and if the switch is in production, you would need to shut down the interface before the switch crashes and then open a ticket with TAC.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: