cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9k nx os missing switchport commands

ckronk
Level 1
Level 1

I have two brand new 93180YC-FX switches. I'm consoled in to them and the first thing I did was to disable the password strength checker (They're temporary lab switches). Next I made sure all the exact features I have running on another fully operational lab switch were enabled on these too. I also reloaded them after that. 

They're missing switchport commands. When I go into a physical interface and type "switchport ?", the only thing that shows up is "mode". When I type "switchport mode ?" Nothing appears from the suggestions. I can type in switchport mode trunk and I don't get an error, but it also doesn't set anything in the config. When I'm under a port channel, there's not even an option for "mode" after entering "switchport ?" I feel like something has to be enabled, but I'm at a loss after trying to use Google U yesterday for over an hour and not finding anything. What am I missing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you post show run ( what nexus code running ?)

Global command to make switch port - system default switchport

Prerequisites for Layer 2 Interfaces

Layer 2 interfaces have the following prerequisites:

• You are logged onto the device.

• By default, Cisco NX-OS configures Layer 3 parameters. If you want to configure Layer 2 parameters, you need to switch the port mode to Layer 2. You can change the port mode by using the switchport command.

• You must configure the port as a Layer 2 port before you can use the switchport mode command. By default, all ports on the device are Layer 3 ports. By default, all ports on the Cisco Nexus 9504 and Cisco Nexus 9508 devices are Layer 2 ports.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you post show run ( what nexus code running ?)

Global command to make switch port - system default switchport

Prerequisites for Layer 2 Interfaces

Layer 2 interfaces have the following prerequisites:

• You are logged onto the device.

• By default, Cisco NX-OS configures Layer 3 parameters. If you want to configure Layer 2 parameters, you need to switch the port mode to Layer 2. You can change the port mode by using the switchport command.

• You must configure the port as a Layer 2 port before you can use the switchport mode command. By default, all ports on the device are Layer 3 ports. By default, all ports on the Cisco Nexus 9504 and Cisco Nexus 9508 devices are Layer 2 ports.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

mlund
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

Another option if you just wont to do a few ports. Under interface, type "switchport" then hit return, and your port is a l2 port

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card