cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Am I missing something with the 3560X Visio Stencil?

jacka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Just updating my latest network diagrams and the 3560X stencil looks like it's half finished.

Compared to the old 3560 stencil I think it looks terrible.

After seeing it for the first time I thought I would be able to add in the C3KX-NM 1G and 10G Modules but I can't find them anywhere, the 48 gig ports look as though you should be able to drop something in them as well.

Has anyone else had similar problems?

40 Replies 40

Finally, I can update my Validation protocol now, thanks guys!

Hi Brett

I still can't find the stencils for the 3560C switches...can you tell me where to find them, or when they are going to be released?

Thanks

Toni

Hi Toni,

We've completed a set of Visio shapes for 3560C and CG products but we're waiting for a product manager to review them with us because we're told we need to make some changes to what we've produced. I'm very sorry for the delay... the request is in.

Regards,

brett

I too am interested in the updated 3560C switches (specifically the WS-C3560-12PC-S) .  Do you have any idea when they will be posted to your site?

Thanks,

Chris

I am still trying to get product group approval for what we've produced for these devices.  I'm sorry it's taken so long.  I hope to have this done within a week or so but I can never be sure due to the variability in workload on the product group side.  They sometimes take a long time to approve depending on their other responsibilities.

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Development

Visimation Inc.

Hi Brett. Thanks for your work on these stencils. I'm doing a big rollout of 2960C switches and my homemade stencils look pretty lousy. Even a draft version of something would be a huge improvement. Sorry to pester you, but just wanted to bump the thread.

Hi Tim,

I'm truly sorry about the delay.  We've had the drawings completed for some time but it's been challenging to get final sign off from the product group due to changes in personnel.  I cannot send out the draft version because some of the icons may not be correct and we can't have them in circulation.  I will ping my contacts again to try to resolve this as quickly as possible.

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Development

Visimation Inc.

Hi Tim,

Any chance of a copy of your home made one as that is better than nothing?  I too have a lot of 2960Cs to draw up!

michaelkdj
Level 1
Level 1

My 2 Cents on the 

C3KX-NM-1G Visio Stencil Workaround

I took a Catalyst 3560 ungrouped the image until  I was able to extract the SFP ports then created a 2 additional ports and badda bing a feasable workaround for documentation

andrecsthompson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jacka

The stencils are not available still.

I need these as well. I may have to do something generic at this point.

It's been a long haul getting these reviewed and approved but we finally sent the 3560 and 2960 updated stencils to the Cisco web team for posting.  They should be available within the next 23-48 hours.  My sincere apologies to the community for the long wait.

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Development

Visimation Inc.

Thanks Brett

Lookiing forward to it.

Bret,

It appears the graphic for the WS-C3560-12PC-S Front (supossed to be a 12 port) is actually a graphic of a WS-C3560-8PC (8 port)??  Wouldn't you know I have been waiting all this time for the 12 Port graphic.  Can you check on this and respond?

Thanks,

Chris J. 

Ouch, that was our mistake.  The developer placed the 8 port drawing into the 12 port file.  We've corrected it and I posted it to my personal documents in the forum for speedier access while I request a re-post.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-24694

I sincerely apologize for the error.

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Development

Visimation Inc.

Thanks Bret for the quick response!  I was able to pull the correct stencil (WS-C3560-PC-S Front).  However, all the ports have a small "x" in them which look very bad in in my drawings.  Is there any way to get a drawing without the x's?

Thanks,

Chris J.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card