cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA not seeing attached network

garyrivers
Level 1
Level 1

i have an ASA5510 and i'm trying to create a DMZ so connected a switch to int e0/2, built a subinterface e0/2.1 and gave it an ip address.

BUT the ASA is not seeing the connected device and i'm pulling my hair out as to WHY!

any thoughts?

Thanks

16 Replies 16

on the ASA , do :-

asa(config)# no global (Web_LAN) 1 interface

for PAT , you need only one global command. with multiple nat ( inside ) , nat ( WLAN1) , nat (Web_Lan1) 1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 commands

Manish

Gary,

I already pointed the same solution on the above post earlier.:-)..looks like you missed my post :-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I mentioned in the earlier post  and as pointed out by Manish, You have to configure the trunk port on  the switch connecting to ASA or atleast have that port configured in  VLAN7 in order this to work. ASA is expecting 802.1q tagged packet from  the switch and its not receving any as there is no configuration done on  switch and everything is in default vlan is its supports vlan and dot1q  trunking. Its not gonna work unless the trunk is configured between ASA  and Switch or everything defaults to vlan 1. Else easier wuld be to  configure the ASA port as L3 port withput trunking and connect it to the  switch, have all the PC's use ASA as default gateway and you are good  to go.

Cheers,

-amit singh

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways use the link below for NAT config on ASA.

Cheers,
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card