Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! SSH ISSUE

Hello, I have a C2621xm router connected to a C3500 24 port switch which is connected to a PC . I'm trying to SSH from the switch to the router. I get successful pings to and from all 3 devices . Using puTTy ,I created a domain name, generated keys a...

cristicks by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone, i am reading through the Implementing Cisco IP Switch Networks (Switch), i came across this statement "In this example, the core layer interconnects with a data center and edge distribution module to interconnect WAN, remote access, and ...

SereneYeo by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Folks, I have attached a screen capture of a PVST topology, could somebody please explain how f0/2 on SW4 becomes a root port? I'm under the impression that it should be an alternate port because SW4 has a lower MAC address value than SW2. Plus, t...

Hi all, I'm no Cisco/network engineer, so I'm going on suspicion and wild speculation here, but I have an issue with an 887VA router I'm working on that is maybe to do which VLAN a router elects as its default? Basically on my router, I shutdown VL...

Group IT by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello I have stack of 2 WS-C3650-24PS switches. My primary switch is faulty and I need to remove it from the stack for an RMA. Can someone please confirm my procedure below for swapping this primary switch with a replacement is correct ? Thank you ki...

tedauction by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i have two WS-C3850-24T switches connected in stack which i need to upgrade , the problem they arn't simple ios image copy and boot command , can anyone tell me the steps on how to upgrade? i also found several versions WS-C3850-24T-E | WS-C3850-24T-...

baselzind by Level 6
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Cisco Community!!! I have two Nexus 5548UP (NX-OS 7.x) in Dual-homed with a "xxx" switch-profile for conf-sync.Given "mutually exclusive" problems, I want to completely remove the switch-profile so that the two N5k can only be configured with ...