Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all,I need to upgrde ios on this switch.i have installed new IOS  version on my laptop.Now in order to remove old ios and upgrade to new ios i can run the commandcopy tftp to flash?please let me knowthanksmahesh

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I've connected 3 x 3560 switches in a lab.  Switch 1 is in VTP server mode and the other 2 are clients and the VTP domain is working fine. On switch 1 I have set the trunk to switch 2 to use native vlan 99 and on all the other trunk ports on each ...

All,I've only had this issue twice, but it's enough to concern me. I was doing some maintenance and checking on my Catalyst 4507 when all of a sudden the switch threw a ton of messages at me, and proceeded to reload. The only one that I could see was...

jbraswell by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have two 6509's at the core of our network.  They are both running at about 30% constantly when displaying a sho proc cpu i get this sho proc cpu | ex 0.00CPU utilization for five seconds: 30%/20%; one minute: 29%; five minutes: 30% PID Runtime(ms)...

gregokada by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi all,I have a router and a link toward a transceiver (copper/fiber) with the function "link pass through" but it's not possible to manage the transceiver and mirroring a port for a probe.So I think to use a switch with GBIC modul but i don't know h...

feeder392 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear friends,How do i enable standby console on the 4500?This is what i get when i try to access the standby console.HH_GF_SW2-standby-console#sh verStandby console disabled.Valid commands are: exit, logoutQHH_GF_SW2-standby-console#I am not able to ...

Dear friends,Are there any stats on the control-plane size for each platform?I am specifically looking for the control-plane size (in bps) for 6509-E with Sup-720-3B.The reason i need to know is that when i police traffic for important / normal class...

I need to configure port fa0/1/0 of a 4-port HWIC so that it is in vlan2 on our 1841.  In global config mode, vlan 2 is no longer a command you can use to create a vlan in 12.4(24)T2.  I need to configure fa0/1/0 to be in vlan 2 since fa0/1/0 is a la...

Hi thereFor one of my Clients I need to setup a network VLAN configuration which exists of an ASA 5505 (security plus license) and a cisco catalyst 2960I already setup one of the ports of my ASA as trunk and did the same for my catalyst. Now here is ...

Hello all.I've read several docs regarding VRRP, and I've some key concepts. By the way, i don't know what is what the protocol understands by a "router failure".I mean, I know that when the master router fails, the backup router will take its place....

I have existing 3750 switch stacks set up by a contractor with only one Stackwise cable. They are currently running in a high availability setting and can't be easily rebooted. Can I add the second cable while the switches are running?

What is the switchover/failover command I would use if I need to switch/fail over to another chasis? And what are the requirements in order to do such?Both switches are configured as L2 devices, if that helps. Is it possible in this scenario?

Hii,Can anybody tell me how to use the archive command in to save routers and switch configuration in tftp server in a cretin time (daily or weekly  ...)