cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bridging Multiple VLANs over router

dmoore002
Level 1
Level 1

We have a customer that is relocating thier headquarters. They have a temporary requirement to bridge multiple vlans or a router T3 link to the new location as they cannot change the IP subnets. Setup is 3560 switch connecting to a 3845 then T3 to remote 3845 and 3560. I need to bridge multiple VLANs. I have seen a good example on how to do it over sonet but I don't see how to translate that to an HDLC or Frame Relay encapsulation for the T3 Link. I need to know if this can be done and if so any examples on hw to do it would be great!!

5 Replies 5

Wlll give L2TPv3 a try.

mpugina63
Level 1
Level 1

These posts are very old and the link that you offered is no longer any good. I needed some help with L2TPv3 and was hoping that someone was still monitoring this forum. I have two routers and wanted to run L2tpv3 so that I could extend by VLANS. Can anyone give me a quick overview of how to actually configure L2TPv3 on these two MPLS routers?

Can you post your configuration on the routers?  If they are MPLS routers you can also use EoMPLS in lieu of L2TPv3.  Here's a doc that explains how to configure l2tpv3.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/12_3t2/feature/guide/gtl2tpv3.html

-Matt

I have the following routers

Router 1

Interface                  IP-Address      OK? Method Status                Protocol

FastEthernet0/0            192.168.192.20  YES NVRAM  up                    up     

FastEthernet0/1            63.232.181.14   YES NVRAM  up                    up     

FastEthernet0/3/0          10.1.1.3        YES NVRAM  up                    up     

NVI0                       192.168.192.20  YES unset  up                    up     

Multilink88                65.102.24.102   YES NVRAM  administratively down down  

Router 2

Interface                  IP-Address      OK? Method Status                Protocol

GigabitEthernet0/0         10.4.52.10      YES NVRAM  up                    up     

GigabitEthernet0/1         172.31.150.2    YES NVRAM  administratively down down   

Serial0/0/0:0              unassigned      YES NVRAM  up                    up     

Serial0/0/1:0              unassigned      YES NVRAM  up                    up     

Serial0/1/0                unassigned      YES NVRAM  up                    up     

Multilink1                 65.102.24.134   YES NVRAM  up                    up    

Both of these routers are MPLS routers at separate locations, I understand that I need to create a pseudowire-class  l2tp-auto entry, but would I do it on my g0/0 interface on router 2 since that is  the vlan I want to extend from that router? And would I create a simular  entry on router 1 FastEthernet0/3/0 since that is the vlan I want it to reach?  I appreciate all help.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: