cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bunch of cisco problems.

smavashev
Level 1
Level 1

Problem 1) My 2800 Router stopped booting, all I see is a blank screen and no configuration boot. I tried turning off the router, taking out the flash butting it back in securing it, but it just doesn't want to boot, what is my problem ??????

2) Trying to configure my ASA 5505 to receive a DHCP address from ISP, and I get it. I'm able to ping the DHCP address given and the ISP default gateway, but I can't ping out 4.2.2.2 which is the weirdest thing ! what is my problem ??? The ASA is connected to a Layer 3 switch with 10.1.1.0/30 subnet. The internal Subnet with all the VLANs is 192.168.20.0. I'm using simple RIP to back up my static route on the 10.1.1.0 subnet. However I still can't ping 4.2.2.2 either from the ASA or my 3550 switch. What is my problem ?

3) I gonna have to configure DHCP and NAT to route to the internet, what are the shortest commands to configure both DHCP and NAT ????

I thank you in advance for your time and effort.

1 Reply 1

pompeychimes
Level 4
Level 4

1) I assume you are consoled into the router and you are not seeing any output on your term emulator? Are you sure the console connection is setup correctly? Have you ever done this before? Can you console into other Cisco devices? Do you hear the router power up?

2) Post your config

3) Depends on the version of code running on the ASA

James

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card