Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

DearsI am trying to connect tow 3560X using a fiber cable (MM)I have C3KX-NM-10G in both switches (4 ports module)I have GLC-SX-MM in both switches (connected to G1/1)both switches are able to see & recognize the NM as well as the SFPFiber Cable is t...

I  Trie this, but is not work!event manager applet RETORNA-BGP-SEG-SEXevent timer cron cron-entry "*/20 18-23 * * 1-5"  ! Not work because i can use only one eventevent syslog occurs 1 pattern "isla 10 reachability Down->Up"action 1.0 syslog msg "TES...

Hi,I have a router with multiple interfaces. when i a do a ping to one of the server from router, it is not working. But when i ping using ping x.x.x.x source y.y.y.y, it is working. same is the case with traceroute also.  when i do a normal ping wit...

Hi,This is my IP address 174.121.14.165/23/23  - 255.255.254.0:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Magic number is: 256-254=2:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Netw...

I'm sure this is  very basic question, but I've seen the attached network design quoted in lots of places (cacti weather maps etc) but I'm not sure how people do it.Basically it's 4 switches with each switch connected to the other.Is the purpose of t...

Greetings of the day. We are going to set up our office with some features. We need your support for which type of switch and router we need to purchase. Our requirement is: 110 ports for PC 85 ports for IP telephone 30 ports for CCTV cameras 15 por...

Resolved! hsrp election

Hi everybody.My book says (with regard to hrsp) the router with the highest priority assumes active role while the router with  the second highest priority assumes standby role.If there is a tie, the router with highest ip address becomes active whil...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Hi, i am a newbie to cisco routers and i have a problem that I am trying to fix, will try to explain in detail as possible.I have a cisco 2800 router. It has 2 FE prots and 4 L2 ports (an additional card attached.) 2 of the FE ports are configured to...

shiman.dc by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi,   I been going through some questions to clear concepts and this question about redistribution confused me. I think the answer is A the guide says its C. so correct me if i am wrongplz look at the imgRegards,Ali

Hi all,Here is ospf router setup.R1 is ASBR in area 0.R2 is ABR connected to area 0 and area 10R3  is connected to Router R2 and is in area 0 and 10Say R2 has router id 3.4.4.4.Now in order to ping this router id of R2 from R1 and ...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Can anyone please help me? my cisco 3550 EMI switch is not responding to power connection. can anyone please tell me troubleshooting steps. please help me as i am student and cant afford professional tech to fix iti have checked and changed power ...

unic0rn11 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everybodyLet say we have a setup  as shown below:Rest of network----R1-f1-199.199.199.0/24-LAN--H10(199.199.199.199.10)R1 is using CEF:Fib tables shows the pertinent entry as attached as shown below:199.199.199.0/24  attached    f1My question is: ...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I have 2691 router with following configline console 0login local password xtyWhen i remove the login local from the line console i connect to console port and press enterit shows router prompt 2691Router>but i am  unable to go to enable mode....

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a simple network pictured above.  The Firewalls are ASA5505's.I have it setup just like the picture.  THe left ASA has an ISP and is the default gateway of the 10.10.4.0 net.  The right ASA is the default gatewy for the 172.16.7.0 net, and has...

AdmShatan by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes