cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C9200L-48P-4X with GLC-SX-MMD wont connect to WS-X6516A-GBIC?

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

We have bought new C9200L-48P-4X which have a 4 10gig uplinks module , which should also be compatible with this 1Gig SFP module GLC-SX-MMD. However when we are trying to connect to our 6500 switch with module WS-X6516A-GBIC it wont come up and there isn't any log messages on both switches showing any error, even though the old switches was already connected through the same sfp model?

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Both devices must use compatible SFP's (at their own end) ; please verify usinghttps://tmgmatrix.cisco.com/

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

I don't understand how WS-X6516A-GBIC says it uses single mode fiber yet all my switches are connected to it using MMF cables and MM sfp GLC-SX-MMD?

For clarity, you have other switches connected to the same 6500 in similar fashion without issue?  Have you tried another port, or if possible (probably in maintenance windows) could you connect up to one of the known working ports?

Richard W. Pidcock

Richard Pidcock
Level 1
Level 1

I disagree with @marce1000 , I see this the other way, only SMF.  (See image)  Did I search this wrong?

RichardPidcock_0-1711028736131.png

Richard W. Pidcock

- You  are correct ; my previous reply was wrong ; it will be deleted , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

- (So we go further...)
 >...We have bought new C9200L-48P-4X which have a 4 10gig uplinks module , which should also be compatible with this 1Gig SFP
     But in the end a particular  SFP model ,(what ever used)  has fixed speed can't change that , and must then be compatible with the switch fiber capabilities offered.

M.

Agree 100%!!!

Richard W. Pidcock
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card