Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C9200L Firmware upgrade.

Hi all,

If a large amount of C9200L's IOS XE Gibraltar firmware is upgraded to Amsterdam 17.3.3 or higher, will the license of the devices be maintained and will it continue to communicate with CSSM?
If not, do I have to manually redefine the licensing communication method for all C9200Ls?
I wonder if the trust code in the Gibraltar version is maintained in Amsterdam, and whether the license renewal or confirmation communication is maintained continuously.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

it all depends on what OLD version you had before upgrading to 17.XX

as menetioned @Leo Laohoo  for the new smart License proceedure above 17.XX

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Thanks for writing the reply.
When the previous version is 16.12.X and the new version is changed to the latest version 17 (eg 17.3.3, 17.6.1, etc.), I want to know if the license method changes and new registration is required.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

it all depends on what OLD version you had before upgrading to 17.XX

as menetioned @Leo Laohoo  for the new smart License proceedure above 17.XX

BB

Thanks for writing the reply.
When the previous version is 16.12.X and the new version is changed to the latest version 17 (eg 17.3.3, 17.6.1, etc.), I want to know if the license method changes and new registration is required.

16.12 onwards already smart License, But if you looking to have offline method it is still available on new version 17.3.X)

when you upgrade, if you CSSM (as i recall it should connect to smart License server)

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card