Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi Allits been a long time since I looked at the basics :). Do switches use the cam table or tcam table for Mac learning ?also, if we were to add say 300 access list control entries and apply to a switch port, would this cause any negative impact to ...

We have a device connected to a 3650 switch whose ethernet controller crashes when it receives more than 200000pps. The traffic to this device can have variable packet sizes, so it would not be practical for us to rate-limit by mbps. Is there any mec...

ronit by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Hi! I have problem with IGMP querier config. I would like to change version 2, what 3560 uses default, to version 3. Reference guide says that go interfaces config and then type command ”ip igmp version 3”. After that I could config other parameters,...

Resolved! Stack removal

I am my honing my troubleshoot skills and I have a general inquiry on switch stacks. I have a member that went down and I am curious on do and donts of adding it back without restarting the whole stack. I am aware that stacking a live member will cau...

Hi all We have 3 C9200-48P stacked switches, with SFP+ network modules C9200-NM-4X on each. We have observed the Te1/1/x ports have disappeared from the interfaces list. Is the network module C9200-NM-4X hot swappable ? Can we try to remove it then r...

Clem58 by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, IPSec VPN is supported for the Cisco C1111-8P (1RU) running System image file is "bootflash:c1100-universalk9_ias.16.09.04.SPA.bin"? If yes, will appreciate a step-by-step guide for the purpose of Site-to-Site VPN configuration? 

amh4y0001 by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello allI´m using a Cisco ISR 4321 with version 15.5(3)S4b, I need to block all traffic from one specific mac address. So far I have found that I have to run this commands  mac access-list extended DENYMACdeny   host aaaa.bbbb.ffff any class-map typ...

Can anyone help explain the follow errors I am seeing in my POE Switch? Thank you. POWER_OVER_ETHERNET.giga-swx 0/4 Couldn't enable pre-802.3at mode! --err code -3POWER_OVER_ETHERNET The PoE subsystem has detected an error and will be internally rese...

wynneitmgr by Level 3
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm in the process of upgrading all of our 3850 switches from 03.06.08E to 16.03.09, so far everything are going smooth.I noticed in one of our 3850 the current image is 03.03.03SE(License Level: Ipservices), Can I upgrade it also to 16.03.09 directl...

Alan.A by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello guys, I found at Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series Switches Datasheet that Catalyst 9200 supports 4096 VLAN ID's and Catalyst 9200L supports 1024 VLAN ID's. So, it isn't possible to configure VLAN with ID's above 1024 on Catalyst 9200L switches?  Than...

apereira3 by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card