Views
Helpful
Replies

C9300-NM-8X card - only for sfp+?

vstepanov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

please, could someone help me to find information about if C9300-NM-8X card supports sfp or sfp+ only. So is it possible to use for 1gigabitethernet port.  The only indirect prove that it's possible I found in the document

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9300/hardware/install/b_c9300_hig/b_c9300_hig_chapter_011.pdf

on p.5 All ports in the C9300-NM-8X module defaultt to 10G and should be configured asTenGigabitEthernet1/1/1 through TenGigabitEthernet1/1/8, even when you are operating the m as1G using SFP.

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Yes it does

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9300/hardware/install/b_c9300_hig/b_c9300_hig_chapter_01001.html

Table 2  Network Modules
Network Module1 Description

C9300-NM-4G

This module has four 1G SFP module slots. Any combination of standard SFP modules are supported. SFP+ modules are not supported.

If you insert an SFP+ module in the 1G network module, the SFP+ module does not operate, and the switch logs an error message.

C9300-NM-8X

This module has eight 10G slots with an SFP+ port in each slot. Each port supports a 1G or 10G connection.

C9300-NM-2Q

This module has two 40G slots with a QSFP+ connector in each slot.

C9300-NM-BLANK

Insert this blank module when the switch has no uplink ports (this is required for sufficient air flow).

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Yes it does

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9300/hardware/install/b_c9300_hig/b_c9300_hig_chapter_01001.html

Table 2  Network Modules
Network Module1 Description

C9300-NM-4G

This module has four 1G SFP module slots. Any combination of standard SFP modules are supported. SFP+ modules are not supported.

If you insert an SFP+ module in the 1G network module, the SFP+ module does not operate, and the switch logs an error message.

C9300-NM-8X

This module has eight 10G slots with an SFP+ port in each slot. Each port supports a 1G or 10G connection.

C9300-NM-2Q

This module has two 40G slots with a QSFP+ connector in each slot.

C9300-NM-BLANK

Insert this blank module when the switch has no uplink ports (this is required for sufficient air flow).

Thanks, Mark

Thanks this was very useful !

Hello experts,

I have an inquiry, I have a 9300 but with module C9300-NM-8X, my wonder is why is seen in the show run the fortiGig and the TwentyFiveGig interfaces?

Depending on which NM you install it is just prepared. Like a template.

LMCisco
Level 1
Level 1

Base on the document here:

Installing Network Modules C9300 series

They should be configured as 10G, but you can use a SFP (instead of SFP+) and operate them as 1G.

"C9300-NM-8XModuleAll ports in the C9300-NM-8Xmoduledefaultto 10 G and shouldbe configuredas TenGigabitEthernet1/1/1throughTenGigabitEthernet1/1/8,even when you are operatingthem as 1 G using SFP."

chandankumar
Level 1
Level 1

when i put NM card with cisco 9300 catalyst switch then NM  interface is not show in my switch why

C9300-NM-8XModuleAll ports in the C9300-NM-8Xmoduledefaultto 10 G and shouldbe configuredas TenGigabitEthernet1/1/1throughTenGigabitEthernet1/1/8,even when you are operatingthem as 1 G using SFP."

chandankumar
Level 1
Level 1

if any one can help me then please sand me reply

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card