Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can 2960 switch support IP-Routing?

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone help me to advise the model "WS-C2960-24PC-L" Supports IP Routing or not?

Thanks,

Kumar.V

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes it does.  Starting from 12.2(55)SE3 (and later).

New Software Features

When you configure the new lanbase-routing  SDM template, the switch supports static routing and router ACLs on SVIs. ( Catalyst 2960, 2960-S, and 2975)

Note:  Please do NOT use 12.2(55)SE2 (and earlier) or 12.2(58)SE because of CSCtj37604.  And please stay away from 15.0(1)SE.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

terrygwazdosky
Level 1
Level 1

No it does not.

vlad.vlaicu
Level 1
Level 1

You can use the Cisco Feature Navigator for future reference. 2960 indeed does not support IP Routing.

flokki123
Level 3
Level 3

hi kumar,

the L in the end of the switch name stands for "lan base image".

and as the name hypothesises the switch only supports L2 features.

you would need at least an "ip base" image to have basic L3 features, but as far as i know this switch series comes only with the "lan base image" preinstalled and cant be upgraded.

regards,

florian

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes it does.  Starting from 12.2(55)SE3 (and later).

New Software Features

When you configure the new lanbase-routing  SDM template, the switch supports static routing and router ACLs on SVIs. ( Catalyst 2960, 2960-S, and 2975)

Note:  Please do NOT use 12.2(55)SE2 (and earlier) or 12.2(58)SE because of CSCtj37604.  And please stay away from 15.0(1)SE.

thanks for the info leo! didnt know that.

No worries, mate. 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kumar,

If our post have answered your query can you mark this thread as "Answered" please?

Hi Leolaohoo,

I could actually upload the (c2960-lanbasek9-mz.122-58.SE2.bin)12.12.2(58)SE2 to the switch & I was able to configure the SVI Interfaces & Static IP-Routing.

Thanks a lot for helping me.

Thanks,

Kumar

Thanks for the ratings Kumar.  Glad to be of some form of assistance. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card