cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot ping core switch from another switch

ElQueue
Level 1
Level 1

I have set up a core stack of 3750 switches (3750e, 3750g, and 3750v1 w/PoE) that seems to be running solid. I connected 2 gigabit trunks from the core to a Front of House switch (3560v1) via fiber. I'm intentionally not enabling routing on the FoH, so my understanding was that all traffic that's not seen as connected to the FoH switch would get sent over the redundant trunks to get routed, but that's not how it's working. I can't even ping any of the VLANS on the core switch that I know are up. Can someone explain what I'm missing?

VTP is working, FoH is in client mode and Core is Server and the updates get propagated properly. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ElQueue
Level 1
Level 1
I figured it out. After looking through configs I saw I transposed IP the address for the management VLAN. I corrected and now it works.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ElQueue
Level 1
Level 1
To make matters more confusing, I can get a DHCP lease from the FoH switch. The Core switch handles DHCP. I'm totally confused now.

ElQueue
Level 1
Level 1
I figured it out. After looking through configs I saw I transposed IP the address for the management VLAN. I corrected and now it works.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card