cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Ping From Cisco 9300 Switch to Another Subnet

KMP414
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot ping from my Cisco 9300 switch to another subnet on our network but I can ping from a PC on that switch to another subnet on our network. Why can I not ping from within the switch? I have a couple of switches on other subnets that can ping out, but I don't see anything in the configuration being different that would affect icmp.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

KMP414
Level 1
Level 1

The solution was to add our inside IP block to BGP to allow it to traverse the network. Not sure how it was working before but we did upgrade to IOS 17.3.5 on our Catalyst 9300s, must've been some kind of bug that broke it in the upgrade.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

if you not have L2 link between SW and GW of VLAN then you need to config 
ip default gateway in switch 

The switch is connected to an ASA on the inside interface that is doing our routing. On the switch we have ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 "ip of the inside interface" of the ASA.

KMP414
Level 1
Level 1

The solution was to add our inside IP block to BGP to allow it to traverse the network. Not sure how it was working before but we did upgrade to IOS 17.3.5 on our Catalyst 9300s, must've been some kind of bug that broke it in the upgrade.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card