Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 9200L stacking

Hi all,

I'm installing and setting up 2 Catalyst 9200L in stack for the first time, and I am some doubts about the correct configuration I have to do.

I have to connect to them some stand alone servers and some servers with redundant NICs, I have to connect those NICs on both switch (member 1 and member 2) to ensure resiliency and business continuity in case of fault of connected port or member switchs, as shown in attached layout.

How can I configure the port of server with redundant NIC, to ensure resiliency and business continuity avoiding loops? Have I to config their port under LAG, or the STP is enough, or what else?

Thanks

Gian Luca

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello

@GianLucaCeffa80907 wrote:

Have I to config their port under LAG, or the STP is enough, or what else?

They can be two single access-ports or aggregated together into a port channel but this depends if you are teaming the server nics or not, if you are teaming usually the port-channel on the switch stack is created using LACP.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure your start has dual uplink go to core from switch 1 and switch2

Server - always prefer to have port-channel with LACP support most of the new device does support,.

if not go with access port Active/ Standby config on the Server side, what kind of Servers are is this?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello

@GianLucaCeffa80907 wrote:

Have I to config their port under LAG, or the STP is enough, or what else?

They can be two single access-ports or aggregated together into a port channel but this depends if you are teaming the server nics or not, if you are teaming usually the port-channel on the switch stack is created using LACP.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure your start has dual uplink go to core from switch 1 and switch2

Server - always prefer to have port-channel with LACP support most of the new device does support,.

if not go with access port Active/ Standby config on the Server side, what kind of Servers are is this?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card