Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 9300 switch Feature command not present

davidfield
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

I'm trying to enable Openflow on a Cat 9300 Net Essentials  running ver 17.3.3 and have been able to boot into Openflow mode however when I tray to add the Feature command it doesn't exist in the command set.  Looking up feature list 17.3.3 has Openflow present but I cant see why the Feature command wont work.  

Any quick pointers I'm missing?

Best Regards

David

7 Replies 7

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

What is the output of "sh boot mode" and "sh run openflow"?

HTH

Boot mode shows openflow and openflow forwarding

No option to run sh openflow. No openflow command

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

joecoates
Level 1
Level 1

I have the exact same issue.   I can set the switch to 'boot mode openflow' and reload successfully,  but 'openflow' is not recognized as a keyword in config commands or show commands.   When typing 'feature openflow' as per document instructions, the word 'feature' is also not recognized.   Does Openflow require a separate feature license on this platform ? 

Hi Joe,

I found the Firmware to be the issue. I installed IOS Cat9k-iosxe.16.12.01.SPA.bin and after making primary image Openflow commands present. I found later IOS versions not.

David

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card