cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 2950-s switch

feeneydfeeney
Level 1
Level 1

i just got a 2960 -s switch for my birthday and i am gonna use it to connect my laptop and raspberry pis and my server to my router the switch is connected to my router via static ip on fastethernet0 i can ping my router but unable to get out onto the internet with my laptop the switch can ping the router my laptop can not all are on vlan1 my router does not support vlans and im wondering if i can not use vlans on this switch and the router is a tplink deco m5

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

feeneydfeeney
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you everyone i have it working i plugged it into gigabitethernet1/0/24 as a trunk port and vlan is 192.168.0.120 255.255.255.20 and default gateway of 192.168.0.1 and it is now working i would like to thank all of you for all the dumb questions i have and getting me to this point i learned alot

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Hello,

post the full running configuration (sh run) of your 2960 switch...

here is the cisco config file im new at this and appricate any help

EdgarMurray8920
Level 1
Level 1

What is the model of the router?

Can the router ping the internet?

my router can ping internet and works fine the router model is a tplink deco m5

Hello,

how is the switch connected to your TP-Link router (on which interface on the switch) ? What IP address and default gateway are your PCs using ?

The switch is using fast Ethernet0 as the link to tye router with a IP address of 192.168.0.120 my computer will connect to my router using 192.168.0.68 and the default gateway of my network is 192.168.0.1 

HI,

Kindly check the IP address for Interface Van 1.  

I don't think you need an IP address for the switch-ports. Simply add the ports to vlan 1, and configure correct ip address for your int vlan 1. Since it's single vlan, Ports should be in access mode. 

vlan 1 ip address was 192.168.1.1 should that be chnaged to 192.168.0.1 that is what my home network uses 

Rosseti
Level 1
Level 1

Without reading the documentation, I will assume that the port FastEthernet 0 is intended for managing the switch and does not intersect with other ports, including VLAN 1

what port would i have to use then i have the sfp ports below the management port you just told me it is and i all teh 24 ports which are the gigabit ports

feeneydfeeney
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you everyone i have it working i plugged it into gigabitethernet1/0/24 as a trunk port and vlan is 192.168.0.120 255.255.255.20 and default gateway of 192.168.0.1 and it is now working i would like to thank all of you for all the dumb questions i have and getting me to this point i learned alot

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card