Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3560 not reloading

Hi

i have cisco 3560 switch which while reloading stuck in the below line

Xmodel File system is available

"the password-recovery mechanism is enabled"

i have manually load the IOS everything i reboot i have to go to ROMMON mode and boot from flash:

this is happening after i upgraded the IOS from 12.2(35) to 12.2(58)...it boots perfectly if i do i manually ...then after reload it just stuck in the above mentioned place i also downgraded the IOS but still the same issue...can any one help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do the reboot again.  Post everything from the time of the reload all the way until the switch gets "stuck".  Sounds like one of the component has failed the POST.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

dasiimwe
Level 1
Level 1

Do a 'show ver'  and confirm the config register is set to 0xf

If not make sure its set to 0xf or 0x2102

the config register is set to 0xf

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do the reboot again.  Post everything from the time of the reload all the way until the switch gets "stuck".  Sounds like one of the component has failed the POST.

after i do the reload all i see is

Xmodel File system is available

"the password-recovery mechanism is enabled"

i dont see anything else...then i have to reload again and press the mode button break to ROMMON and from switch: prompt i give the boot flash: command...please let me know if i can do something else

p.mcgowan
Level 3
Level 3

once you have manually booted up the switch do "show bootvar" and "show flash" make sure the value in the bootvar is thwe exact same as the image on the flash, if there is a mismatch this could explain why the image does not automatically boot

the values actually match..any other suggestions

smogra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Check the following:

1. Config register value should be set to 0x2102 or 0xf.

2. Boot variable should have the correct path of the image.

3. Image should be compatible with the hardware.

Cheers

Sweta

P.s.please rate the answer if it helped.

1. config register is 0xf

2 boot variable is having correct path of the image

3. image is compatiable i have several other switches of the same model got installed with new IOS

Hi,

I would recommend that you delete the new image from the switch. Copy it again, set the boot variable one more time and try reloading after that.

Also, please make sure that image is properly copied and the boot variable is set properly.

It should help.

Otherwise I would suggest that you open a case with TAC then.

Hope that helps.

Sweta

*please rate the content if it helped you.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card