Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I'm trying to connect a access switch to our core switches. From what I have read, GLC-SX gbics can go a distance of 1800 feet using 50 micron multi-mode fiber. I can't cover this distance with GLC-SX gbics because we have a connecting segment that i...

Hi There,We currently have dual-homed 2148's to 5010's and are now looking to add another pair of 2148's as single homed to provide vPC connectivity to dual attached Servers as below.5010-A ----------------- 5010-B   |                             |  ...

Jim Bell by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have 4 switches WS-C3750G-48TS (PowerPC405) with IOS (C3750-IPBASE-M), Version 12.2(35)SE5,  configured in a stack.Now we need these switches to support BGP4 and WCCP v2.Can I upgrade only two switches to EMI IOS and leave another two switches to ...

Hi,I have to configure two Cisco 3925 routers using OSPF. I have defined three different processes in order to isolate dome internal LANs from others. In order to share routes the routers are connected to each other via 172.17.1.x network beloging to...

radugpopa by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there,I'm configuring the AP801 integrated into ISR 860W. Via CLI everything's fine, but if i connect thru http, the browser opens the page, i'm asked for credentials, and then i land to a blank page where ther's just an "Enter" button that does n...

Hi all, can anyone tell me what this first command will do ? I have included some of the other config for ref track 114 ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 reachability!!!!interface FastEthernet0/0 description ## ## ip address 10.119.29.1 255.255.255.0 load-int...

hi, I need to know what happend in the follow condition:VSS between 2 6509 through one port-channel with a unique link.The line card turn powerdown, so the vss link was broken. In this situation both VSS appears ACTIVE(local), so if we change the con...

We are monitoring vlan traffic on our core switch and sending it to an appliance. We have the following:vlan 10 - workstationvlan 20 - wan vlan (goes to another site)Two questions:Does the TX only option capture packets when a packet is traversing th...

I am trying to configure qos on my cisco switch for voice traffic. I have managed to setup voice vlans ok on my ports like the followinginterface FastEthernet0/3 switchport trunk native vlan 10 switchport trunk allowed vlan 10,20 switchport mode trun...

Hi folksPlease can you tell me the  advantage and the disadvantage for the Attached Diagram,i m running VSS so no STP Concern2)what if no VSS in place how the stp behave3)if we use 10 gb  as uplink ,the MMF should have specific specification?

Resolved! Port security

Hello,i want to setup port security on a switch in our campus lan.  But i dont want users having to ring the service desk because they are locked out when the port is in err-disabled state.  I want the port to clear itself after 10 minsSo if a user p...

ohareka70 by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

It looks like a 1GB card comes with the 720-10g supervisor, but is that enough? Is there a max for the amount of flash?  If I'm going to put flash in, I only want to do it once.  any suggestions? thanks,