Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO 4506 SWITCH IS NOT BOOTING WITH NEW IOS

vamsi harish
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friends,

Yesterday I've faced a Problem that is not letting me boot with the new IOS.

Actually I'm planning upgrade IOS which supports SSH. As part of plan I've downloaded the new IOS image and uploaded via TFTP server to the switch.

After uploading to the switch. I've verified image and MD5 hash also. Everthing is fine. Then after I set the boot variable for the newly uploaded Image.

When I'm rebooting the Device it is not taking the new IOS. It's booting with the OLD image. Even It's not showing any error message while rebooting (ACTIVITY FILE ATTACHED FOR YOUR REFERENCE) I can't take risk by deleting the old IOS.

Kindly explain why it is not taking the New IOS Image. and also please suggest the necessary actions needs to be done

PLEASE FIND THE ACTIVITY LOGS ATTACHMENT FOR YOUR REFERENCE

Regards,

Vamsi Harish.T.

Email:

vamsiharish@gmail.com

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Matthew Blanshard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Vasmi,

Your current configuration register is 0x2101 which will use the first image in flash.  In order to fix this you will need to use 0x2102 to use the boot variable you have configured.  To change this issue the following:

conf t

config-register 0x2102

end

Save the config and then you should be good to go.

-Matt

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Matthew Blanshard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Vasmi,

Your current configuration register is 0x2101 which will use the first image in flash.  In order to fix this you will need to use 0x2102 to use the boot variable you have configured.  To change this issue the following:

conf t

config-register 0x2102

end

-Matt

@Matthew Blanshard wrote:

Hello Vasmi,

conf t

config-register 0x2102

end

-Matt

It worked for me

Thanks Matt for your input. 

WEERAKOO69BA
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Vamsi,

Could you able to fix the issue by making 0x2102??I have the same issue and would like to know how you able to fix the issue.

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card