Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco and Avaya Port-Channel Configuratuion

Greetings,

I'm in need of a some advice on setting up a port-channel from a Cisco 3750x to an Avaya switch stack.  So far, I've removed the port-channel from both trunk interfaces and left both links as just trunk.  I've asked the Avaya engineer to do the same so we can troubleshoot any errors between us. 

I've asked the data center to loop up the other side and both my links come up, when they removed the loop, both links went back down.  However, the Avaya end shows up up for some reason, but my end shows down down (notconnect).  This at first sounded like the they were connecting the wrong fiber drops but that's not the case here.  I've since removed the port-channel from my trunk interfaces, removed cdp and spanning-tree.  The fiber run is a straight run, no logical media convertors in between, according to the data center techs so I'm at a loss.

Is there any caveats to this setup that I'm missing or any related articles I can reference that someone can share to help troubleshoot?  

Cisco 3750 Config:

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 1102,2002,2902
 switchport mode trunk
 no cdp enable
 spanning-tree bpdufilter enable

no channel-group 2 mode on (currently removed for troubleshooting reasons)

interface Port-channel2
 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 1102,2002,2902
 switchport mode trunk

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Andrew,

there is a document that describes the necessary configurations for both the 3750 and the Avaya end:

https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100123888

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Andrew,

there is a document that describes the necessary configurations for both the 3750 and the Avaya end:

https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100123888

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card