Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Catalyst 3650 software 15.2 support

clive.hodgetts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

We are in the process of upgrading the IOS on large number of Cisco 3650's which are currently running 15.2(2) IOS version. We are looking at upgrading to a Gibraltar version (16.12) but looking at the release notes there is no mention of upgrading from 15.2 versions. I have also noted that there is no mention of 15.2 in the Cisco download centre. I am probably missing something here but I can't recall this issue with any other software versions when upgrading other catalyst switches. 

The information I'm looking for is details of upgrade options when upgrading from 15.2 to 16.12 on the 3650 switches.

Thanks in advance.

Clive

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

15.2(2)E train would translate to 3.6.X. 

Upgrade to 16.X.X is supported.  Just read the Release Notes properly and use the Install Mode. 

NOTE:  Since this is going from 3.X.X to 16.X.X, then this means a mandatory micro-code upgrade.  This will take between fourteen to twenty two minutes.  

View solution in original post

Hi, thanks for the explanation and information....the release notes make total sense now that I know that 15.2 equates to the 03.06.x version
Clive

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

15.2(2)E train would translate to 3.6.X. 

Upgrade to 16.X.X is supported.  Just read the Release Notes properly and use the Install Mode. 

NOTE:  Since this is going from 3.X.X to 16.X.X, then this means a mandatory micro-code upgrade.  This will take between fourteen to twenty two minutes.  

Hi, thanks for the explanation and information....the release notes make total sense now that I know that 15.2 equates to the 03.06.x version
Clive
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card