cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco error messages

fachahbar
Level 1
Level 1

i, i´m getting some error in my network catalyst 6800 and 6500 core switches.

i would like to know what´s does it mean ?

%EARL-SW2_DFC3-1-EXCESSIVE_PARITY_ERROR: EARL 0: Parity error detected in VRAM

%SYS-DFC4-2-CFORKMEM: Process creation of NTI Trigger Instance for EP ID 0x1 failed (no memory). -Process= "Cat6k NTI ICC process", ipl= 0, pid= 47
SW1: VSLP_PKT_HDR inband rx vslp_pkt_is_checksum_ok: hdr 0x5AB7A638 ver 0.000 type LMP(0) pdu_length 40(0x28) flags 0x0001 out 5/16 in 0/0 tlv 1 checksum 0x7498 seq# 0
Aug 28 03:10:01.687 CEST: SW1: VSLP_PKT_DATA inband rx vslp_pkt_is_checksum_ok: 0x5AB7A638 76(0x4C) bytes 

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This looks for me as BUG as of now based on the Log: ( check the show version - see are you running same IOS ?)

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCus64795/?rfs=iqvred

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I´m using 15.2(1)SY. And that bug is resolved in that release

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

EARL messages are very to the Catalyst 6500/6800 family.  

%EARL-SW2_DFC3-1-EXCESSIVE_PARITY_ERROR: EARL 0: Parity error detected in VRAM

Above means the line card on switch 2, slot 3 is having issues sending management traffic from the line card to the supervisor card.  There are two ways to fix this: 

1. Pull the line card in switch 2, slot 3, OUT.  Wait for 5 seconds and slide it back in.  Make sure the side screws are SECURE and not loose.  
  2. If the issue re-occurs within 6 months, RMA the line card. 

thanks, but what about the other error:

%SYS-DFC4-2-CFORKMEM: Process creation of NTI Trigger Instance for EP ID 0x1 failed (no memory). -Process= "Cat6k NTI ICC process", ipl= 0, pid= 47

- Could be a software bug , which might be resolved in later and or subsequent software releases for your device.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card