Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Issue - Hardware or Software?

JCubio
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I have this weird issue on one of our switches Few ports are not working properly. When I plugged a computer on the port I always get "Unidentified Network"

These ports are 1,2.46 and 25 as far I've tested.

I already tried plugging in a laptop directly to the switch to make sure that it's not a faulty cable issue. And I get the same result, but when I tried plugging it in a different port in the same switch. I'm able to connect to the network/internet.

Also all ports have same config. Only port 50 is in trunk mode which is connected to the other switch.

Device Details:

1. Model - SG500-52

2. Firmware -  1.4.11.4

Please advise

Thank you.

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- This might well be a 'local problem' on your PC. Check network settings/assigned IP/etc <-> compliance with your Intranet networking setup and addressing (e.g.).

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

The original post asks whether this is likely a hardware issue or a software issue. We do not have enough information to know that. But my guess based on the little that we know is that it is more likely software than hardware. If this were a regular Catalyst switch I would look into the output of show interface status and of show vlan to investigate. I am not sure what the equivalent is on this platform.

HTH

Rick

hassanshibu
Level 1
Level 1

You can try making the port to default configuration and disabling/enabling the POE.Also check the logg and show interface output to get more details.

Hi Sir,
It's not POE switch.
Also I tried copying the config of working ports but it doesn't help
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: