cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco REP Topology not showing all the connectivity after breaking the Link Manually

Tang-Suan Tan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all:

I have successfully configured the REP topology in a Ring. After that it can show all the REP links on the Ring.

We do a test by manually breaking one of connection port, it cannot show all the REP links as before.

The ping on all the switches are OK but the show REP topology only show up to the Ports between port of "the switch next to the port manually breaking" and the Edge port.

Is it any problem and issue on this or it is a norm for show REP Top if one port or link is manually broken?

If you have any knowledge on this, please share.

Thanks in advance for helping on this. 

regards,

tangsuan

5 Replies 5

Hello Tangsuan,

REP always maintain one port as alternate port to broke the loop. It will be like below ..

you can use below command to identify present and previous topology information and rep interfaces.,

show rep topology   --Displays information about all ports in the segment, including which one was configured and selected as the primary edge port.

show interfaces rep detail -- Displays REP configuration and status for all interfaces or the specified interface.

show rep topology archive --- Displays the previous topology of the segment. This keyword is useful for troubleshooting a link failure.

HTH
Regards,
VS.Suresh.
*Plz rate the usefull posts *

Hi Suresh:

Thanks to your reply.

I knew these three commands that you mentioned above. The problem is now when I purposely do a test to break the network ring and use the command:

show rep topology

It shows only the half of the REP Ring information (from the edge switch to the port where the port is disconnected). Another half of the REP Ring information will only show at another side of the switch.

Is this normal? Or you have another way to make all the REP information can be shown regardless show the REP topology from any part of the switch in the Ring?

Regards,

tangsuan

Hi

I notice the same problem

I installed REP ring but one of my switches don't have yet the fiber connectivity.

when I do show rep topology from the primary switch I can see only the promary half.

If I connecting to the switch that connected to the secondary side and perform show rep topology I can see the seconed half of the ring.

didn't solve it yet

Reagrds

Yaron

Hi tangsuan and Suresh,

Please, I need your help urgent.

Im trying to configuring REP over stratrix 8300 ios realese 15.0(2). but I do not have REP topology. and Eigrp not do not have neigboor.

Under Show rep topoloagy,  i see both port faild

I think maybe is needed some special config, can you give me some tips for solved this please.

Thank in advance but I need to solved it for monday.

my email: paulca26776 @gmail.com

Regards

vaguirre17
Level 1
Level 1

Did you fix this issue? Have same escenario and can't solve this even with a tac SR. Have 16 branches.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card