cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV 345 - Security License Timeout

LeonG
Level 1
Level 1
I restored my RV 345 router from a previous backup & now the security license token will not activate.
I rebooted the router & tried entering the token again but same error.

I'm getting a 'Communication Timeout' error message, The product instance was unable to register Smart Software Licensing registration due to a communication timeout.  

License SKU:
LS-RV34X-SEC-1YR=
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I resolved this issues by removing all the tokens & routers linked to my Cisco account & added them back.
When I removed the tokens & routers from the Cisco account I waited about 72 hours before adding them back to the Cisco then it worked. It seems like may have been using a security license more than once. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Smart License required Internet connectivity to get activated. is this device has network(internet to cisco.com)

The license utilizes Cisco Software Smart Licensing. See https://software.cisco.com for more info and how to create a Smart Account. With Cisco Software Smart Licensing the license is not bound to a specific serial number of a device but assigned to a user or company account

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

The router is connected to the internet & is reachable to cisco.com, I do have a smart account with other routers linked with security licenses / tokens etc.
I had no issues with applying the security license via the token to this router in the recent past or any other of my routers with the same model before, this only started after I restored my router from a backup.

I resolved this issues by removing all the tokens & routers linked to my Cisco account & added them back.
When I removed the tokens & routers from the Cisco account I waited about 72 hours before adding them back to the Cisco then it worked. It seems like may have been using a security license more than once. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card