Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello, We have a bit of a situation where I have few of Nexus 9336c-fx2 switches and I'd need to connect a stack of hosts with 10G (Intel) NICs. Now, according to my understanding the Cisco QSFP-4SFP25G-CU -breakouts should work fine with those 10G N...

vsi by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear Sir,I have typed 'erase flash' command by mistake in my catalyst 2950 switch. After reboot, it stopped at "switch:" prompt.No IOS File Is Present In the FLASH, i Am having backup of ios & i tried to Restore using hyper ternimal, xmodem option,Bu...

Hi, just trying to find out what this process is: PID 183 - createPhysicalen . I can't seem to find any information on it and it is randomly taking up 15-20% of the CPU, which I think may be affecting some of the RTT on pings that I am running. Any i...

richie by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, i'm planning to buy nexus 3k for our datacenters. We have two datacenters distant about 500m and in my mind i want buy 4 switches and put 2 on one datacenter and 2 on other datacenter for maximun resiliency.Now the question on VPC domain i can in...

Hello,Its a bit strange. I have 3 2960x that I need to stack. All models are the same.If I connect the stack cable like this:SW1 Port1 to Sw2 Port 2Sw2 Port 1 to Sw3 Port 2Sw3 Port 1 to Sw1 Port2I see Switch 1 and Switch 3. Switch 2 remain in provisi...

We have two Cisco SG500 52PP model connected separately to our main NOC switch over fiber. Both switches are pretty much in standard configuration, VLAN1 is used, SNMP is enabled for remote monitoring. Very few users are connected on these switches a...

aacable79 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,Please could someone explain what I'm missing here? DHCP snooping doesn't appear to be inspecting DHCP packets for a PVLAN setup.VLAN 150 - Primary VLANVLAN 152 - Secondary VLAN, CommunityDHCP snooping is enabled on both switches (Catalyst ...

mrjdh by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I know many are gonna say "dont daisy chain switches" but my options are limited here due to what cabling I have available in my home. I am planning to connect one Cisco 2960G Switch to another Managed Switch and then that switch to my Main Home Rout...

Smack2k by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, We have 3 Catalyst 3850-48P-E switches and we have an outage window coming up where I would like to upgrade the IOS on each of these to the latest stable release. Below are the current versions: 16.8.1a03.06.06.E03.03.05SE On the Software & Do...

Hi,Would appreciate some help with the following questions please from the experts:1. Is it better to configure PBR on a 3850 or ASA?2. If use a 3850, can you direct traffic to next hop based on FQDNs, eg. for Azure?Regards, mk

mkazam001 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, Cisco offers a the ability to split Hardware and DNA licence when ordering for DNA Essential and DNA Advantage. This allow distis to hold stock on 'naked' hardware, ie without DNA mandatory licences, and provide DNA e-lic in a short lead time. Sp...

t2c by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have upgraded a C3750G-12S-E to c3750-ipserviceslmk9-tar.122-55.SE5This switch is a distribution layer switch for one of my remote sites.  it contains an ip helper-address on the site vlan's SVI.DHCP relay is no longer functioning for client PCs.  ...