Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SG500-28P intermittent issue with Huawei switch S5720-36C-EI

Erik Estrada
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I would like to seek help regarding a simple straight to straight cable connection from my newly purchased Cisco SG500-28P to an existing Layer 3 Huawei switch. 

My configuration is just simple for SG500:

1.Vlan 1

2. Management IP

3. Layer 2 mode

4. Standalone mode (not native stacking)

5. Regular ports (AutoNegotiate)

6. Port type is trunk

7. Firmware: 1.3.0.62

The problem is once I plugged the network cable to Huawei and do the internal ping (via CLI of Huawei) and external ping (remote location) to the SG500 Management IP address, there is a one drop on every 1 successful ping. 

We isolate the problem by replacing the SG500 with a lower version Small business switch SF-300 and the ping was ok. 

The only difference between the SG500 and SF300 is the firmware is diferrent, is this be possible that I need to upgrade the firmware same with the SF300?

SF300 firmware: 1.3.5.58

Did someone encounter this issue before? can share your thought how to resolve it?

Your help is important and I will really appreciate your assistance to me.

Thank you,

Erik 

1 Reply 1

Hello Erik,

there can be a number of reasons for that. Under Port Management, there are numerous options to configure port, such as Flow Control, or Green Ethernet, or PoE. Try and change the default values. You can see a description of the values here (page 125):

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/Sx500/administration_guide/500_Series_Admin_Guide.pdf

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card