Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco switch Vs Enterasys switch

zzmnetworker
Level 1
Level 1

hello

I work as a network administrator in a company, and soon we will expand our facilities and we need to purchase more switching equipment. Knowing that, a Enterasys commercial contacted my boss and an he pledged equipment as good as Cisco's switch and they could support a VoIP solution from Cisco in the same way that Cisco itself, all with cheaper equipment.

I'm a fan of Cisco and I didn't want to lose the pleasure of working with Cisco equipment, so, i'm asking to this community to give me reasons so that I can convince my boss to continue to purchase cisco?

Thank you very much

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Maria,

Enterasys vs Cisco.

Here are a few reasons I would consider using Cisco if every thing else is the same.

1-Documentation, I think Cisco has much better documentation then any other company

2-Support, when it comes to RMA and TAC support, Cisco is still at the top

3-Features, when is comes to feature Cisco has plenty of them and that is because when you have so many customers with different demand you have to develop unique features for them.

Now if you ware comparing Cisco routers vs Junipers, I would probably would have a different opinion.

This is stricly my opinion

HTH

Reza

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hello

I work as a network administrator in a company, and soon we will expand our facilities and we need to purchase more switching equipment. Knowing that, a Enterasys commercial contacted my boss and an he pledged equipment as good as Cisco's switch and they could support a VoIP solution from Cisco in the same way that Cisco itself, all with cheaper equipment.

I'm a fan of Cisco and I didn't want to lose the pleasure of working with Cisco equipment, so, i'm asking to this community to give me reasons so that I can convince my boss to continue to purchase cisco?

Thank you very much

Hi,

As far as i know the advantage of enterasys switch over cisco is Enterasys requires half the power and half the cooling of equivalent Cisco  devices.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

thanks

but I needed the advantages of Cisco equipment, not from Enterasys.

Thank you all for your help and I will wait for more reviews

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

three main reasons for you to choose Cisco products:

1- Product Support ( different type of support contracts and levels ).

2- Product features.

3- Product Performance.

HTH

Mohamed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card